Mar 22, 2007

Students oh students!

This week is an exam weeks. As usual the lecturers are

supposed to post the students carry marks. As for my class, no final, so

we finished our test 2 yesterday morning. I post the carry mark 1 hour

before the test 2 :-). So after the test, there are a lot of people in front of

my office! More than I used to receive during the semester. Lots of question

asked! "Why my assignment 2 zero?" "Why I get only 5.5 in quiz

4?" why..why..why...

After they saw their carry marks, then there start to worry, "whoooo..I'm not going to past" Then they start to come to their lecturer with all sort of problems that for through out the semester we didn't heard about it!! For Malaysian it is easy, they only ask then we said something that they can accept they will go. No 'fight', unless they sure we make a mistake. But international, totally different story. Even it is their mistake, they will try to put the blame on us, try to make us feel bad about our action, try to tell a story about their problems, try to make us as dizzy as possible and to increase our high blood pressure!! Before they get what they want, we are going to see them everyday, sometimes 5 times a day. A visit that they never do throughout the semester!! I always told them, "brother you die already, what you can do?"

Early in the semester I always told my students, whatever happened in the class through out the semester resemble what ever happened to us in this world.We live in this world with purpose. Our ultimate purpose is to enter

jannah. But we cannot enter jannah if our actions and work do not point

to that direction. Throughout our life we will face a lot of test. A test

just for us to reflect back to our action and all the things that we have done.

Allah gives us test not because it is just a test, or just wants to see us

suffer. But the test is to tell us "Halooo..check..check..check...". If we past one test Allah will test us again, if we fail one test Allah will still test us again. />Still give us a chance to change and to check our life. Then Allah will filter

and give us what we deserve.

That is what happened throughout the semester. If you have problem please

resolve it earlier in the semester. After test 1 you can know either you

understand earlier chapters or not. If you got a fail marks, you know you have

problem, when you know you have problem, get help! Do not think that

"that's ok, I will understand previous semester along with the new

chapters!!" When you start to accumulate your problems then by test 2, you

nazak already! After test 2 you die already! Then you start to come to

your lecture asking "please madam, give me another quiz, another

assignment, another test!!" The request that will bring my blood pressure

to the upper level! "When you have time you don't want to use now

you are asking me to spend times developing a new quiz, test, assignment for

you! banyak cantik!!" When we are in the grave, no way we can go back to the world and correct the mistake that we did in our world live. What is done, is done. "So before you can come and ask your lecturer to help you please help yourself first!" That's what I always told my students. If they are not deserved to get what they request, they are not going to get it. I told them, "if you need even 0.5 to pass, if you didn't deserve it, I won't add!!" Tough haaa....;-)

/>





powered by performancing firefox

No comments: